St Peter's Church, York Place, Brighton, BN1 4GU United Kingdom
FOR THE 9.30AM AND 11.30AM SERVICE:
Please park in City College Car Park between 9am and 2pm every Sunday. St Peter’s have exclusive use of City College car park, free of charge. Take a look http://www.ccb.ac.uk/public/contact/location-maps
This will mean that the church car park will only be available to visitors and those requiring disabled facilities.
Directions to City College Car Park:
From the Sea
• Stay on the A23 side of St Peter’s (York Place) and take a left just by St Peter’s up Trafalgar St
• Take the 2nd right in to Whitecross St, where you’ll find the entrance to the City College Carpark on your right.
From the North
• From Ditchling Road and Lewes Rd, turn right on to St Peter’s Place (just north of St Peter’s)
• At the lights, carry straight on up Cheapside, signed Hove (A270) (the road between Hobgoblin and Aldi)
• Take your 2nd left along Whitecross St, where you’ll find the entrance to City College Car Park on your left
ALTERNATIVELY - If the City College Car Park is full, we suggest that you park in Trafalgar Street Car Park. It is a multistory car park with 275 spaces and the cost is £3.50 for 2 hours.
Directions to Trafalgar Street Car Park:
From the Seaside, keep St Peter’s on your right, and turn left off York Place into Trafalgar Street (opposite St Peter’s). Continue up to Trafalgar Street Carpark, the entrance is at Blackman Street on your right.
See here for more details http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/parking-and-travel/parking/trafa...
FOR THE SIX SERVICE:
We cram in all the cars we can into our church carpark, but if you are arriving much after 6pm, you may save yourself time and hassle by going straight for one of these other options:
PARKING AFTER ST PETER’S - SOUTHBOUND
• Continue past St Peter’s car park.
• Take 1st left (traffic lights at Richmond Parade).
• 1st left again is 1) ALBION ST, which has around 35 spaces, some on single yellow lines (fine on Sundays, but not on dropped curbs).
If no good...
• Continue on main road towards the sea
• Take the next left turn on to 2) MORLEY ST. Here (and in Circus St) parking is free on Sundays, and there are often a few spaces available.
If still no good...
• Go to end of 3) CIRCUS ST, turn left up the hill, and CARLTON HILL carpark is on your left (£2.50 for 2 hrs).
PARKING BEFORE YOU GET TO ST PETER’S
From Lewes Rd:
• Spaces alongside 4) THE LEVEL (£3 for 2 hrs)
• 5) SOUTHOVER ST - Some spaces on surrounding streets (Lower Hanover area)
From Ditchling Rd (and so also from Old Shoreham Rd):
• 6) ON DITCHLING RD itself (where the Level is on your left) (£3 for 2 hrs)
• 7) OXFORD COURT CARPARK - turn right off Ditchling Rd into Oxford St, and next left again (£3.50 for 2-3 hrs)
• 8) PELHAM ST
o With St Peter’s in front of you turn right (St Peter’s Place) following the A23
o At next lights, continue straight into “All traffic” (between Hobgoblin Pub and Aldi),
o Next left into Pelham St: you can park here on single yellow lines all day on Sundays
• 9) TRAFALGAR ST CARPARK: if Pelham St is chocker, continue to the end and turn right into Trafalgar St, and there is a carpark on Blackman St (£2.50 for 2 hrs), loads of spaces
• 10) LONDON RD CARPARK:
o from Ditchling Rd, With St Peter’s in front of you turn right (St Peter’s Place) following the A23
o At next lights, continue straight into “All traffic” (between Hobgoblin Pub and Aldi), “All traffic” (between Hobgoblin Pub and Aldi)
o Turn right into New England St, and follow signs for London Rd carpark (min £3 up to 4 hours)
PARKING IF COMING UP FROM THE SEASIDE
• Keep St Peter’s on your right, and turn left off York Place into Trafalgar St (opposite St Peter’s).
• Continue up to 9) TRAFALGAR ST CARPARK (entrance at Blackman St on your right; £2.20 for 2 hrs). OR...
• 10) LONDON RD CAR PARK keep St Peter’s on your right, continue past Trafalgar St and turn left between Hobgoblin Pub and Aldi (signed A270), then turn right into New England St, and follow signs for London Rd carpark (min£3 up to 4 hours)
At least there’ll always be space in the church itself – and we’ll keep a fresh coffee for you! And any other top tips, please feed them in, Archie and the Team
A number of scheduled bus services run along York Place in a northerly direction at St Peter’s Church stop A, V and L. Scheduled bus services run along Richmond Place in a southerly direction at St Peter’s Church stop U.
Read more information about Brighton and Hove Bus Services.
Brighton Station is within easy walking distance of St Peter’s Church. Trains from London Victoria (Southern) and London Bridge (First Capital Connect) take about an hour. The journey time from Gatwick Airport is about forty minutes. There are also regular trains along the south coast from Portsmouth, Worthing & Lewes etc (Southern). Read more information for Brighton Station.
Directions from Brighton Station
Leave the station at the Main Exit. Turn left into Trafalgar Street which dips down under the road. Turn left into York Place (St George’s Place on your right). St Peter’s Church is about 100m along on the left. The walk takes about 10 minutes.